Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Excuses


i have the most compelling monkey mind, so yeasty in conjuring up excuses. 

bread loaf down to two slices yet i found myself deep into the analysis of this tv annotator with a thick brogue dissecting why the united states women’s national team is so underwhelming in its quest for world cup glory.  

after i called my favorite chinese, i was more convinced that the episode where rick steeves gallivants through switzerland’s lake cities would make me a better party invitee.


the delivery guy was new and voluble. he had this deep red shirt that was so heart breaking. as he handed me the bag with my order, steam coiled out of it so operatically i almost laughed. remaining taciturn, i handed him his tip, a conversation beyond our lives will never come to pass.