Sunday, July 05, 2015

Useless


on pinoy tv, an infotainment show squandered half of its time to the travails of a former child star gone awry. he was found wandering in an airport terminal in manila this week. in a local channel, the us women’s national team overwhelmed the defending champs, the japanese squad.

in the filipino celebrity-centric show, tears flowed as they did in the women’s world cup finals and i couldn't wait to flip on to the other channels available in my subscription:  ballers in hbo, a feature on carnival eats in a cooking channel, a ken-burnsian treatment of the appalachians.


always my natural bent hereafter is to offer myself a facile explanation. no wonder i make for a very poor writer. i really think my task is to come up with answers to everyone’s questions, especially mine. no fathoming the things we do, so obtuse and most of the times useless as humming tiny bubbles while brushing my teeth before going to bed.